Friday 28 February 2014

Starting a new life abroad

Starting a new life far away from your family and friends is hard, for this reason I'd like to help people who need a hand.

I'll try to help based on my own experience. In my case, in 2012, I decided that I wanted to move somewhere else, and try to start a new life. That was never going to be easy... I was living in a town close to Barcelona, and I was thinking of moving somewhere else in Europe, maybe Sweden, the UK...Who knows? Anyways, after a few months of searching online for employment opportunities, I decided to go to Canada, specifically, Vancouver. It looked awesome! Completely different than my country. To be honest, I had really good memories from a trip I had to Toronto in 2004, and that was one of the reasons I chose Canada.  That trip was only for improving English, so a completely different situation, but their lifestyle captivated me.

Vancouver combines a deep respect for nature, and dynamic urban life with busy and active streets. There's many parks, pedestrian-only streets, and public spaces. There is also a bunch of different types of public transit, Skytrain being the most popular one.

Vancouver Downtown
There's tons of activities you can do from hiking, all kinds of watersports, skiing and snowboarding, golfing, and even whale watching.

For people who love culture or art there's lots of museums to visit here like the Museum of Anthropology at UBC, the Vancouver Art Gallery, the Vancouver Maritime Museum, the Britannia Mine Museum or the Science World.



Later on, I'll create new posts for some of these places that I was talking about to explain in more detail.
Garibaldi Lake

For all those people who are interested in coming here to work or study, I'll post pretty soon different ways to come to Canada legally, trying to explain what visas and work permits you would be able to apply for.



No comments:

Post a Comment